Monday, May 26, 2014

Lost Article: Is It True That Some People Just Can't Do Math?

I spent about 30 minute tonight looking for an article from the past (I had forgotten the name) titled, "Is It True That Some People Just Can't Do Math?" by Daniel T. Willingham. Interestingly I found the article I was looking for embedded in a very recent article by Grant Wiggins titled, "Conceptual Understanding in Mathematics".

I first read the original article when it was published in 2010 but had lost track of it. During recent discussions at school there have been multiple lapses into the "concepts vs. facts vs. procedures" debate. I always felt that this article aligned with my personal thinking and experience on this topic and wanted to find it and share it with everyone. It is worth the read!

Is It True That Some People Just Can't Do Math?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!